Tuesday 28 July 2015

Lettering for Bill Wyman - Back to Basics Album

Having worked on his website logo, I was delighted to be asked to work on the latest Bill Wyman album - Back to Basics.


His first solo album here in the UK since 1982, Back to Basics is stripped back, clean and accomplished. To reflect this approach, I kept it simple - working with pencil, I produced sheet after sheet of name and title script until the forms were fluid and relaxed, yet still legible. I’ve been working quite a bit with pencil recently and have enjoyed exploring its versatility as a lettering tool.


The theme was continued on the album inlay with song titles drawn and fitted to the shape of Bill’s guitar, with matching script on the disc labelling and the single, What & How & If & When & Why.


You can see more of my work for Bill Wyman and the music industry on my portfolio site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.